Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter part 2

Just as I finished my post I was looking at the BBC and found this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6536773.stm

It is story covering the Pope’s comments about Iraq. He said, “Nothing positive comes from Iraq, torn apart by continual slaughter as the civil population flees.” I was pleased to see world religious leaders coming out and denouncing the war. I wonder if the Pope’s message is similar to messages of international religious leaders and that American religious leaders are taking a markedly more American approach to politics. I think that we need to increase the dialogue between people around the world especially with religious undertones of conflict in the Middle East. Hopefully with dialogue we can bridge conflicts and misunderstanding.

No comments: